Welcome to the 2022 Bank of America Chicago Marathon Event Staff webpage! Below you will find information on the following, which will help you prepare for race week as well as gain a better understanding of event staff expectations.
- Merchandise and credentials
- Race Office
- Event staff payments
- Transportation expense relief policy
- Event provided meals
Merchandise and credentials
All event staff will be issued a credential and merchandise upon checking in at the Race Office. Your personalized credential must be worn at all times while you are onsite, providing you access to your work area and serving as your ID for meals and equipment check-out.
Merchandise will be assigned based on the sizes selected in your EMOS profile. We ask that you please review and (if necessary) update the sizes selected in your profile. While we will do our best to accommodate merchandise requests, we cannot guarantee you will receive the sizes you requested.
Event staff are required to check in at the Abbott Health & Fitness Expo Office or the Race Office in Grant Park before reporting to their event roles, depending on their race week confirmation details. Additional details regarding the Race Office will be provided as we get closer to the event and specific details are confirmed.
Event staff payments
If you are working in a paid role and are new to the event or have moved since the last time you worked with us, please complete a W-9. Return your completed W-9 to the Race Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have your current W-9, you can expect to receive your payment within 45 days of the event.
Transportation expense relief policy
The transportation expense relief policy is designed to provide fair reimbursement for transportation. Per scheduled day of work, event staff and key volunteers are eligible to receive complimentary parking OR reimbursement of up to $20 to cover the cost of public transportation or taxis.
- If you are driving, you must utilize the event provided parking options, other parking expenses will not be reimbursed. The event provided parking options are listed below:
- For event staff and key volunteers working at the Expo, parking will be available at McCormick Place Parking Lot A for a reduced rate. You must have your parking ticket validated at the Abbott Health & Fitness Expo in order to receive the reduced rate. The cost of parking will be reimbursed for event staff. Please inquire about reimbursement when you arrive to check in if you are planning to drive.
- For event staff and key volunteers working in Grant Park and the Hilton Chicago, parking will be available at Millennium Garages. Millennium Garages provides multiple parking options at all four convenient underground garages situated beneath Grant Park, Millennium Park & Maggie Daley Park. You will be provided a parking voucher at check-in for the use of Millennium Garages.
To be reimbursed for public transportation or taxis, you must submit receipts via the transportation reimbursement request form by Friday, October 14.
Event provided meals
The event will provide meals for those who are working on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If you are working onsite during days that meals are provided, and you decide to forgo the provided meal, you will not be eligible to receive a reimbursement. If your role requires you to be onsite during a time when meals are not provided or you have any allergies we should be aware of, please contact email@example.com.
Learn more about your role
Event staff and key volunteers are highly encouraged to prepare for race day by reviewing the Event Staff and Volunteer Guide (.pdf).
Any questions regarding any of the information above can be directed to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being a part of our event staff team. We are extremely excited about this year’s event and can’t wait to see you come race week.